Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday: 2-23-09


Exercise: 40 Minutes, Ben Burr Hike & Upper South Hill
Diet: on track

I was looking forward to getting back to my exercise routine today after the weekend break. I've been working hard at disciplining myself to maintain a steady, reasonable exercise plan. One that anyone can follow. One of my goals as a pastor is to make my path doable. If it's extreme, its not inviting for too many to tackle. That was my last exercise plan's problem...I went into a fitness berserker mode and reveled in the extreme nature of it and the pride that came from standing above the other fitness fanatics that couldn't or wouldn't discipline themselves. It's amazing how flesh weasels its way into every good endeavor...the human heart is so self centered.

My diet and exercise path is within anyones ability to do, minus extreme cases. When I was running 6 days a week and burning 1000 calories a workout and cutting my caloric intake down to 1500-1800 per day...it was leaving me exhausted, undernourished and dangerously close to hurting my body. Well, when I did piss blood...I guess my body was screaming stop and the fact that my inner voice was murmuring about its hatred of what I was doing to myself. I set myself up for failure even though I was aiming at moving myself to health. It amazes me how the biblical truth of "lack of Knowledge destroys" is so true.

I am working real hard to become Fit4Life not just till summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment