Friday, February 13, 2009

Fast food...

"If you are what you eat...than I am fast, cheap and easy."

LOL, I saw that on a coffee mug the other day at Huckleberries, it made me laugh. But I saw this on the way home...The 380 calorie Filet-O-Fish contains pollock or hoki fish meat, both of which, though not exactly seafood superstars, do qualify as actual fish. It contains half a slice of processed cheese. What else does the Filet-O-Fish contain besides the fish? 18 grams of fat and something called a "foaming agent" dimethylpolysiloxane. But of course you could get the new "Double" and slurp down 530 calories in one growl.

Oh my, it looks so delectable, juicy and...a heart attack waiting to happen. The yummy grease that would soon seep out of your clogging pores would taste of butter and grease, but the bloated feeling afterwards would make up for it...not to mention the cramps and late night visits to the cold porcelain. Add a medium Fry with 450 calories and a small coke drink with 150 calories...and who doesn't get a small drink at McDonald's right...? And you can leave there having eaten 1,130 calories.

Now on my plan, I can eat 2, 131 calories a day, so subtract that one meal and I can eat 1001 the rest of the day. You can see why its so east to over eat today, the food we consume and the calories they contain far outweigh the amount we burn in a day.

The result...we gain weight.

And I have, easily by eating this kind of food. I love fast food but I dont love how it makes me look or feel. Even if you eat something that is within the range of normal caloric doability...it's still processed food that is clogging you up and taking life away from you. I ate a couple chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell yesterday with my son Christian...and even though they were only 200 calories each...my body had a fit; Last night and all this morning, me and the bathroom were spending a lot of time together.

Crappy food..makes you feel like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment