Monday, February 9, 2009

February 2009

Well, here is my "Before" shots for my Fit4Life health & fitness class at our church. It's uncanny that I am posting these February pictures at my worst weight and the pictures below were in February at my best. I am currently 6'3'' and weigh 254 pounds. I started my official diet and exercise program 5 days ago on February 4th. For Phase One of my program my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week by pursuing a healthy diet and walking briskly for 45 minutes a day, Monday through Friday. After I acclimate back to exercising, I will include weights 3 days a week or a aerobics/strength training video and in Phase 2 move back into running.
I am choosing to aim at doing all of outside a gym. My intent is to incorporate my family in the overall goals of health and fitness as well through better eating and more active family time.

3 comments:

  1. This was very helpful for me. I started praying that God would show me how to incorporate physical activity into my everyday life with my kids... And He did! Beginning today, we're going to have 20-30 minute tickle fights. Have you ever engaged in a tickle war with 5 strong, active children? 500 calories, easy, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding...or try a 100lbs black lab...sometimes she almost takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, you aren't fat... you're a criminal! Just kidding. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete