Monday, March 9, 2009

Portland trip lessons....

This is the fish and chips I had Saturday night at the Hawthorne Fish House in Portland Or, but I had normal fries instead of the Sweet potato ones. They were light and real good and here is one reason they were, as stated from their website: "So, what makes our fish so good? Well, we simply dip it in brown rice flour and flash fry it.The breading is super thin and light, with perfect fish inside, instead of the thick, greasy batter found on most fried fish. We also use a very high quality rice bran oil (no trans-fats!). And we filter the oil twice a day for an extra clean taste.

Now, I was nervous heading out on this trip, because eating out is part of traveling. But I was determined to choose wisely and in accordance with my newfound knowledge. I ate clean, smaller and with color. I feasted but in proportion with my eating at other meals. I often choose good food and light food vs heavy, greasy or fast. I ate at Subway a few times during travels. I had to guess the caloric content on a lot of meals that were made for me...so I ate freely but gently but I was nervous when I got on the scale this morning, imagining I might of gained something from my 248 on Thursday...but, I was 245.6!!! I lost pounds on a fun trip..that jacked me up baby. :)

I learned that I can enjoy myself and feast but not derail from my path.

3 comments:

  1. THAT looks so incredibly delicious! Way to go on losing weight on your trip!! How did LeeElla fare? In our family, I find that my husband, when he puts his mind to it, can drop pounds without much effort. Like by stopping eating after 7. That's it. Whereas for me it's this major life-changing production. I pray LeeElla is "jacked up, baby" too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeElla is at least five pounds ahead of me in the weight loss...she seems to be losing it far faster than me and I have been exercising too!!! *#!*%@!
    :) ;) Just kidding, I am proud of her, its been great to do this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME!! Way to go, LeeElla! :)

    ReplyDelete