Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Healthy Breakfast Experience...

I was hungry today at Breakfast so the menu is a bit larger and higher in calories than I usually shoot for but as the saying goes: "Eat like a King for Breakfast and Queen at lunch and like a Pauper for dinner" and you will generally maintain a good portion balance.

I must say, the breakfast sandwhich I made was so amazing! I lightly toasted a slice of the Oroweat sandwichthin and put a little butter on it. I cut up a quarter of an avocodo, some onions, a slice of tomato, Jalapenos and toped it with a Morningstar veggie sausage patty. The flavor was so delicious!

As I have weaned myself off of alot of processed food, sugar and other 'sweetners' this last month, i've noticed how the flavor of stuff is popping out. I also recognize how my body 'craves' certain things if I am not eating enough of them...espeicaly healthy fats. So this morning the avocodos and tomato and onions all mixed together to form a chemical rush to my happy spot in my brain! It was actually quite a yummy rush...who would of known that such a healthy meal could provide such pleasure? Eating good doesn't have to be a drag...but it takes awhile to drain off the sludge of pleasure deadening sugars that processed food pumps into everything. We are inundated with salt and sugar and that makes everything with less 'ampage' seem less flavorful...until you wean yourself off the mainlining of it all.

Breakfast:
-Morningstar Veggie Sausage Patty: 80 calories
-Orowheat Sandwich Thins: one half 50 calories
-Half or teaspoon of butter: 25 calories
-Quarter of a avocado: 80 calories
-Onions: 2 calories
-Jalapeno peppers: 2 calories
-Tomato: 2 calories
-Chobani Greek yogurt(Vanilla): 120 calories
-Cliff Bar, Crunch, white chocoalte/ macadamia nut: 190 calories
-Black Coffee: 5 calories

Total: 556

No comments:

Post a Comment